Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cover Letter

Sam Hardy
1171 S. Olive Avenue
Milliken, CO 80543
April 19, 2011


Foot Locker
1915 Greeley Mall
Greeley, CO 80631


To whom it may concern,

I would like to apply for a position in selling the shoes and products at Foot Locker that I came across at your website footlocker.com. I have played basketball and football all of my life and when it comes to equipment such as shoes I know what kinds are the best. I am applying for this job simply to make extra money before my first year of college.

As a sophomore at Roosevelt High School I was nominated to be in the CHSSA leadership program. Throughout High School I managed to maintain a 3.3 G.P.A and have been on the honor roll as well. I have been responsible enough to stay on top of my grades and school work which also brought me two academic all state 1st team honors in both football and basketball. I will be attending college in the fall of 2011 and also will be playing in basketball tournaments in the Bahamas and in Illinois. All these activities require a lot of money and I feel that Foot Locker can help me achieve my goal of making enough money that will allow me to go on a trip of a lifetime.

As I have already said I have played sports my whole life. In football and basketball I learned how to be a leader and it made me incredibly disciplined. I know that I am a good leader and can get along with my working partners as well. In this I have also gained good social skills that will be to my benefit. As you can see from my resume, I have been working on a farm for about two years now. This job made me achieve a toughness that I didn’t have before that prepared me for the real world. Along with leading I am also capable of following and willing to learn anything new. In my second job that I had I worked for the Town of Milliken. In this environment I was the new guy and had to learn to follow before I could be a leader.

Thank you for your time and consideration in my interest in working for Foot Locker. I would also like to thank you for the great work that every employee does every time I am in the store. I am ready for an immediate interview. You are able to contact me at 970-324-6226 after to set up a time convenient for you or at my email samhardy_9@yahoo.com.

Sincerely,



Sam Hardy  

3 comments: